Fall semester 2014 begins in a few days, but there’s a lot happening in the first week as students arrive and faculty and staff get ready for the start of the new school year. See the schedule below.
- About 3,400 new students start moving in to residence halls at 8 a.m. Volunteer to help by contacting Ashley Leyh in University Housing & Dining at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-656-5442.
- Continuing students can move in beginning at 8 a.m. Sunday.
- Memorial Stadium is the place to be starting at 2:30 p.m. for Fan Appreciation Day. Coach Dabo Swinney and members of the football team will be signing autographs. See more at ClemsonTigers.com.
- Freshmen will be treated to a picnic with President and Mrs. Clements from 5 to 7 p.m. on the lawn at the President’s Home. New students and Bridge and ClemsonLIFE students are invited.
- The Transfer Convocation for all students transferring to Clemson will be 10 a.m.-noon at Littlejohn Coliseum.
- All incoming freshmen must attend the Freshman Convocation and Summer Reading Program from 1:30 to 4:15 p.m. at Littlejohn Coliseum. President Clements will welcome new students and bioengineering professor Delphine Dean and author Max Barry will speak.
- Everyone is invited to the annual Welcome Back Festival from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on College Avenue in downtown Clemson.
- The Victor Hurst Academic Convocation officially launches the school year. It begins with an 8:30 a.m. processional of administrators, faculty and staff to the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts. The convocation begins at 9 a.m. The guest speaker is Michael Crow, president of Arizona State University.
- Classes begin.
- Mingle with other students while learning about Clemson’s multicultural student organizations at the Grill & Greet at 6 p.m. at Lever Beach (between Hendrix Student Center and Lever Hall).