Date Published: May 7, 2014
On Friday, August 15, 2014, Clemson University will welcome more than 500 new international students from around the world to campus. We celebrate the value of the educational exchange of ideas and the diversity of thought these international students will bring to our classrooms and campus. Please join us in our endeavors to make the adjustment to life at Clemson University a positive one for our international students, understanding that the experience Clemson University provides to international students will shape their views of U.S. culture for a lifetime.
Toward that end, volunteers are needed to help us make this orientation day a memorable and exciting moment for our students. We ask that volunteers serve for a minimum of two hours, if possible.
Some of the volunteer opportunities include:
- Cohort Leaders- lead student groups through schedule
- Welcome Table-assist with sign in and welcome
- Tiger Photos- assist with Tiger photo booth
- Vendor Assistant- serve as a point of contact for vendor set-up
- Catering Assistant- serve as a point of contact for catering
- Housing Issue Specialist- assist students with questions about housing
- Presentation Assistants- serve as a point of contact for presenters
- Volunteer Organizer- serve as a point of contact for volunteers
- Campus & City Tour Assistants – organize a fun way to introduce students to campus and the community
- Social Activity Assistant- serves with a team in organizing social activities related to orientation
Please sign up using our online volunteer sign-up form.