Date Published: June 20, 2014
The Clemson University Police Department received a third party, unconfirmed report Friday of a sexual assault that occurred Wednesday, June 18, in the vicinity of Daniel Drive. No further information is available at this time. If more is provided, the campus community will be informed.
Chief Johnson Link urges students and others on campus to be aware of their surroundings and report suspicious people or activity to police. He also offers the following safety tips:
- Stay alert to your surroundings, limiting use of earphones and lengthy phone conversations.
- Avoid walking or jogging alone at night. Call Tiger Transit at 864-656-3333 to arrange a ride between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Stay in well-lit, populated areas.
- If you feel threatened, call 911 from your cell phone or use one of the blue light emergency phones located around campus.
- If you are confronted by an attacker, scream loudly and try to run to a safe area.
As always, Counseling and Psychological Services are available to support students who may be impacted by this incident and/or this report. During normal business hours, please call CAPS at 864-656-2451 to schedule an appointment. For psychological emergencies after hours and on weekends, contact the CAPS counselor on call through CUPD at 864-656-2222. The dispatcher will obtain your contact information and have the counselor on call return your call.
Notification mandated by the Clery Act
Issued in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, a federal law originally known as the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Act of 1990, that mandates timely notices to the campus community. The Clery Act is enforced by the U.S. Department of Education.
For additional information, contact? the Clemson University Police Department
VOICE: 864/656-2222 TTY: 864/656-2222 FAX: 864/656-0714